Here’s a few hot tips to get the most from your air conditioning system.
Late Spring / Summer
Air conditioning systems recycle the air from within the house via the return air filter. This is where the system actually removes heat as the air passes through the unit.
- Keep your return air filter/s clean.
- Close all windows to prevent cold air escaping and hot air coming in from outside.
- Keep your blinds and curtains closed before the sun hits the area you wish to cool.
- Close off any unused rooms that don’t need to be air conditioned, such as the bathroom, toilet, ensuite, pantry and laundry. This will reduce the amount of area your air conditioner has to condition and your unit won’t have to work has hard, keeping utility costs down.
- We recommend the thermostat be set to 22 – 24 degrees Celsius.
- Set your air conditioner to start up just before you arrive home. Most of the units we offer have this function.
- Leave your system running with the thermostat set to 27 -28 degrees Celsius during the day when not at home.
- Have your insulation checked to make sure it is correctly installed – insulation breaks down over time and looses it effectiveness.
- Install whirly bird ventilation to remove excess heat from your roof space.
Enjoy your air conditioning and stay cool this Summer!